AdaCore Launches New GNAT Pro Product Lines
Flagship Ada Development Environment Addresses New Needs and Domains
NEW YORK and PARIS and BURLINGTON, Mass., November 15, 2017 – AdaCore Tech Days – In response to evolving requirements from existing customers and increasing interest in Ada from traditionally C-based application domains, AdaCore today announced the launch of three product lines for its GNAT Pro technology:
- GNAT Pro Enterprise, a full-featured environment supporting industrial-grade development of mission-critical software;
- GNAT Pro Assurance, an extension of GNAT Pro Enterprise oriented towards users with software certification requirements or the need for a stable development platform that is maintained (with repairs to critical issues) over the entire duration of a long-lived project; and
- GNAT Pro Developer, geared towards new users of Ada who want to take advantage of the language’s software engineering support and early error detection.
GNAT Pro Enterprise combines and replaces the existing GNAT Pro native/cross and GNAT Pro Ada Safety-Critical products. It supports all versions of the Ada language standard and includes a comprehensive toolset (visual debugger, GNAT Programming Studio and GNATbench IDEs, a variety of static analysis tools, a multi-language build facility, and much more), with premium on-line support supplied by the product developers themselves.
GNAT Pro Assurance extends GNAT Pro Enterprise with a special service known as “sustained branches”, which allows customers to continue to use a specific version of the technology over the lifetime of their subscription while receiving repairs to critical code generation issues. GNAT Pro Assurance also provides, as an option, a variety of software certification services such as certification material for high-integrity run-time libraries.
GNAT Pro Developer is a new product line, offering an entry-level solution for programmers interested in benefiting from the many advantages of Ada 2012, including contract-based programming, strong typing, support for low-level programming, type-safe generic templates, and structured concurrency features. The product is especially suited to C and C++ programmers implementing small-footprint embedded systems and looking for a simple transition path to a more reliable language.
All three GNAT Pro products include SPARK Discovery, a formal methods toolsuite that allows developers to demonstrate, with mathematical rigor, program properties ranging from data flow security to absence of run-time errors.
“The GNAT Pro product line realignment is a natural step in the growth and evolution of our Ada technology, simplifying things for our customers while bringing new benefits,” said Jamie Ayre, Commercial Team Lead at AdaCore. “Anyone who is currently using GNAT Pro can continue with GNAT Pro Enterprise, or else move to GNAT Pro Assurance if they have certification requirements or need long-term support on a specific release of the technology. And for new Ada users, GNAT Pro Developer will be a cost-effective way to get started and become productive with Ada.”
“AdaCore has always seen an interest in Ada as an alternative language for embedded systems programming, from customers in diverse application domains ranging from medical devices to industrial process control," said Quentin Ochem, Lead of Business Development at AdaCore. "What's new is the recent significant uptick in the number of requests from these and other areas including drones and autonomous vehicles / assisted driving. GNAT Pro Developer is our initial step in welcoming this wave of newcomers to the Ada technology.”
GNAT Pro Assurance, GNAT Pro Enterprise, and GNAT Pro Developer are available now; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing, platform coverage or other information about these products.
Founded in 1994, AdaCore supplies software development and verification tools for mission-critical, safety-critical and security-critical systems. Four flagship products highlight the company’s offerings:
- The GNAT Pro development environment for Ada, a complete toolset for designing, implementing, and managing applications that demand high reliability and maintainability,
- The CodePeer advanced static analysis tool, an automatic Ada code reviewer and validator that can detect and eliminate errors both during development and retrospectively on existing software,
- The SPARK Pro verification environment, a toolset based on formal methods and oriented toward high-assurance systems, and
- The QGen model-based development tool suite for safety-critical control systems, providing a qualifiable and customizable code generator and a static verifier for Simulink® and Stateflow® models, and a model-level debugger.
Over the years customers have used AdaCore products to field and maintain a wide range of critical applications in domains such as commercial avionics, automotive, railway, space, military systems, air traffic management/control, medical devices and financial services. AdaCore has an extensive and growing worldwide customer base; see www.adacore.com/customers/ for further information.
AdaCore products are open source and come with expert online support provided by the developers themselves. The company has North American headquarters in New York and European headquarters in Paris. www.adacore.com
AdaCore Marketing Operations Manager
+33 1 49 70 87 82
AdaCore Public Relations Representative
Posted on: 11/15/2017