AdaCore V19 Product Release Expands Platform Coverage, Brings Performance Improvements and Functionality Enhancements
Annual major release extends Ada ecosystem, ramps up C and C++ support
NEW YORK & PARIS, February 19, 2019, AdaCore, a trusted provider of software development and verification toolsuites, has released Version 19.1 of its flagship GNAT Pro, CodePeer, SPARK Pro, and QGen products. Customers worldwide have been relying on these products for years to produce high-assurance mission-critical applications. With the v19 enhancements, AdaCore's position as an industry-leading software toolsmith has been further solidified, especially for systems requiring high confidence in reliability, safety, and/or security.
“Our annual product release is based on customer input, and we’re confident that v19 users will find real benefits in productivity and new opportunities for deploying their systems, thanks to the continual enhancements across our full range of products and the newly supported GNAT Pro target platforms,” said Cyrille Comar, AdaCore President. “Furthermore, the v19 release establishes Ada and SPARK as the languages of choice where security requirements are becoming more stringent.”
The GNAT Pro 19.1 Ada development environment – a feature-rich toolset that handles all versions of the Ada language standard -- is now available on 62 platforms: 57 cross, and 5 native. Product highlights and benefits include:
- Support for RISC-V (64-bit) ELF, ARM AArch 64 (ELF, Linux, QNX, and VxWorks 7), PowerPC Linux, and Intel x86 LynxOS-178 2.2.4
- Toolchain upgrade to GCC 7, Binutils 2.30.52, GDB 8.2, MinGW 5.0, and QEMU 2.12
- Inclusion of the libadalang library for lightweight static analysis, for customer applications that need to parse Ada source code
- A compiler switch to mitigate the Spectre V2 security vulnerability
- Generation of Ada 2012 bindings from C and C++ header files
- Simpler mixing of Ada and C++, and support for Wind River’s LLVM technology, on VxWorks targets
Also available are v19 releases of the GNAT Pro Common Code Generator (CCG), which compiles a SPARK-like subset of Ada into C source code, and the GNAT Pro C and GNAT Pro C++ development environments.
A variety of enhancements have been made to the GNAT Pro IDEs and tools in the v19 release. For example:
- Improved performance for the GNAT Programming Studio (GPS) IDE as well as new views, and better integration with the debugger;
- Better integration of the GNATbench IDE (an Eclipse plug-in for Ada) into Wind River's Workbench, and improved Ada / C++ exception handling on VxWorks 7;
- Addition of many new rules in the GNATcheck qualifiable Ada coding standard checker;
- Improved handling of statement coverage for Ada code with pragmas, in the GNATcoverage qualifiable code coverage analyzer for Ada and C (available as an add-on tool);
- Automatic recompilation by the GPRbuild multilanguage program builder when a new version of GNAT Pro is used, and removal of the compiler command line length limitation on Windows.
Enhancements in CodePeer 19.1, AdaCore's advanced static analyzer for Ada, are focused on user/usability improvements. These include:
- New entry level (“level 0”) with fast analysis and minimal false positives
- Simple “getting started quickly” mode for new users
- Security report output
- Major documentation update, including examples of typical workflows
- Integration of AdaCore's GNATcheck tool
- Increased support for fixed-point types and operations
- Better messages to help in investigating unproved checks and detecting inconsistencies
- More predictable tool execution time
Enhancements specific to SPARK Pro include new lemmas for numeric computation, better counterexamples when a contract cannot be proved, and improved floating-point support.
QGen 19.1, AdaCore’s qualifiable and tunable code generation and model verification tool suite for a safe subset of Simulink® and Stateflow® models, has incorporated enhancements including more efficient model export and code generation, support for additional Simulink® blocks and for Simulink® versions up to R2018b, and improved diagrams as well as better traceability from model to code in the debugger.
For a complete list of new and improved features in Version 19.1, visit:
- GNAT Pro base technology – http://docs.adacore.com/R/reln...
- GPS and GNATbench IDEs – http://docs.adacore.com/R/reln...
- GPR library and tools – http://docs.adacore.com/R/reln...
- CodePeer – http://docs.adacore.com/R/reln...
- SPARK Pro – http://docs.adacore.com/R/reln...
- QGen – http://docs.adacore.com/R/reln...
Founded in 1994, AdaCore supplies software development and verification tools for mission-critical, safety-critical, and security-critical systems. Over the years, customers have used AdaCore products to field and maintain a wide range of critical applications in domains such as commercial avionics, automotive, railway, space, military systems, air traffic management/control, medical devices, and financial services. AdaCore has an extensive and growing worldwide customer base; see www.adacore.com/customers/ for further information.
AdaCore products are open source and come with expert online support provided by the developers themselves. The company has North American headquarters in New York and European headquarters in Paris. www.adacore.com
AdaCore Public Relations Representative
AdaCore Marketing Specialist
+33 1 49 70 87 93
Posted on: 2/20/2019