AdaCore Announces the Release of the GNAT Component Collection
Suite of proven, reusable components now available to GNAT Pro customers
VENICE, Italy, and NEW YORK, June 17, 2008 – Ada-Europe 2008 – AdaCore, provider of the highest quality Ada tools and support services, today announced the release of the GNAT Component Collection, a suite of reusable software components and utilities. The GNAT Component Collection has been used by AdaCore in developing the GNAT Pro tool set, the GPS Integrated Development Environment, and the GNAT Tracker web-based customer interface, and is now available to GNAT Pro customers.
“The GNAT Component Collection contains a variety of software utilities that have proven to be extremely useful internally at AdaCore for product development,” said Robert Dewar, President and CEO of AdaCore. “Since these are general-purpose components, we realized that they would also be of benefit to our customers. Thus we are making them available as part of the standard GNAT Pro subscription.”
The GNAT Component Collection includes:
- Software that allows integration with scripting languages, such as python
- Database interfaces for APIs, such as postgresql, mysql, and sqlite
- Ada packages supplying a variety of services, such as
- Module tracing
- Efficient file IO
- Efficient static string searching (Boyer-Moore algorithm)
- E-mail and mailbox manipulation
- Ravenscar tasking pattern examples
- Various predefined storage pool utilities
“The GNAT Component Collection is, in effect, a software menu from which developers can select, à la carte, exactly those packages that are needed for their application,” said Emmanuel Briot, lead project engineer for the GNAT Component Collection. “The collection consists of dozens of packages, interfaces and utilities that the GNAT Pro team has developed over the years. Offering this technology to our customers should allow them to realize the same productivity advantages that we have experienced at AdaCore.”
Among the elements of the GNAT Component Collection is an extensive set of templates for Ravenscar Profile examples. These include:
- Simple_Cyclic_Task: a simple cyclic task that executes a given operation at a constant frequency
- Simple_Sporadic_Task: a sporadic task released by software invocations with a constant minimum inter-release time (in the worst case, its behavior is identical to a cyclic task)
- Sporadic_Server: a sporadic server that buffers a single type of request (carrying input parameters) and executes it enforcing a constant minimum inter-release time
- Sporadic_Server_With_Callback: a pattern that demonstrates how to model an asynchronous call with “out” parameters in Ravenscar.
- Multiple_Queue_Sporadic_Server: a Sporadic_Server variant that accepts multiple kinds of requests
- Sporadic_Server_With_Timeout: a Sporadic_Server variant that provides for the automated release of the server, if it is not released within a given amount of time by an explicit software invocation.
Pricing and Availability
The GNAT Component Collection is available to all AdaCore GNAT Pro customers as part of the standard GNAT Pro subscription. Please contact AdaCore (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the latest information on pricing and supported configurations.
Founded in 1994, AdaCore is the leading provider of commercial software solutions for Ada, a modern programming language designed for large, long-lived applications where safety, security, and reliability are critical. AdaCore’s flagship product is the GNAT Pro development environment, which comes with expert on-line support and is available on more platforms than any other Ada technology. AdaCore has an extensive worldwide customer base; see http://www.adacore.com/home/company/customers/ for further information.
Ada and GNAT Pro continue to see growing usage in high-integrity and safety-certified applications, including commercial aircraft avionics, military systems, air traffic management/control, railroad systems, and medical devices, and in security-sensitive domains such as financial services.
AdaCore has North American headquarters in New York and European headquarters in Paris. www.adacore.com
Posted on: 6/17/2008