GNAT Programming Studio
GPS is a powerful and simple-to-use IDE that streamlines your software development process from the initial coding stage through testing, debugging, system integration, and maintenance. Built entirely in Ada, GPS is designed to allow programmers to get the most out of GNAT Pro technology.
GNAT Pro’s Integrated Development Environment
Tools you can use
GPS’s extensive navigation and analysis tools can generate a variety of useful information including call graphs, source dependencies, project organization, and complexity metrics, giving you a thorough understanding of your program at multiple levels. It allows you to interface with third-party Version Control Systems, easing both development and maintenance.
Robust, Flexible and Extensible
Especially suited for large, complex systems, GPS lets you import existing projects from other Ada implementations while adhering to their file naming conventions and retaining your directory organization. Through its multi-language capabilities you can also handle components written in C and C++. GPS is highly extensible; a simple scripting approach lets you plug in additional tools. It is also tailorable, allowing you to specialize various aspects of the program’s appearance in the editor.
Easy to learn, easy to use
If you are a new user, you will appreciate GPS’s intuitive menu-driven interface with extensive online help (including documentation on all the menu selections) and “tool tips”. The Project Wizard makes it simple to get started, supplying default values for almost all of the project properties. Experienced users will appreciate that GPS offers the necessary level of control for advanced uses; e.g. the ability to run command scripts. Anything you can do on the command line is achievable through the menu interface.
Integrated into GPS, Remote Programming provides a secure and efficient way for programmers to access any number of remote servers running a wide variety of platforms while taking advantage of the power and familiarity of their local PC workstations. Read More »
To browse online documentation, please click here.
GPS Benefits at a glance
- Management of complexity, through tools that provide specialized views of the program components and their interrelationships
- Ease of learning, through a platform-independent visual interface
- Automation of the program build process, through a project manager tool that offers complete control over switch settings, file location, etc.
- Ease of debugging, through a fully integrated visual debugger
- Support for configuration management, through an interface to 3rd-party version control systems
- Adaptability, through facilities that allow GPS to be extended or tailored
- Compatibility of new versions of GPS with older versions of GNAT Pro