- Ada 2012
- Ada 2005 / 95 / 83
- Embedded Development
- Formal Methods
- GUI Development
- High Security Development
- Libraries and Bindings
- Mixed Language
- Open Source
- Safety-Critical Development
- Static Analysis
Testing or Formal Verification: DO-178C Alternatives and Industrial Experience
Testing or Formal Verification: DO-178C Alternatives and Industrial Experience looks at how to use formal verification instead of testing of software in civilian airplanes (for which DO-178C applies). It is based on the experience of Airbus and Dassault-Aviation in the application of formal verification with the Frama-C platform. In particular it describes:
- What the avionics certification standard DO-178C asks in replacement for test coverage, which does not apply when one uses formal verification instead of testing.
- How formal verification tools can help with these alternate objectives.
- The solutions that Airbus and Dassault-Aviation have implemented to cover these objectives.
This paper is copyrighted by IEEE, and reproduced here with their permission. You can also access it on the IEEE Software website.
- IEEE_Software_Formal_Or_Testing.pdf - (1 MB)