AdaCore has a number of products that help the development of certified applications compliant with safety standards including the DO-178B avionics software safety standard, up to level A, and will apply equally to DO-178C, the new revision to DO-178B.
Qualification material for GNATcheck and GNATcoverageThe qualification packages allow developers to take credit for the use of the GNATcheck and GNATcoverage tools in the certification of applications in accordance with safety standards and notably the DO-178B standard, at level A and below (Table A5 objective 4, and Table A7 objectives 5, 6, and 7, respectively). They have also been used in the certification of software systems in Space following the ECSS-E-ST-40C and ECSS-Q-ST-80C standards. The Qualification Package for the tools includes two deliverables:
- The Qualification Material in the form of 3 pdf documents (Tool Qualification Plan, Tool Operational Requirements, Test cases and Tests Execution Results)
- The Verification Infrastructure that includes the tools' test harness and test suite
- Qualification material is provided for the set of GNATcheck rules selected by the Customer.
- Qualification material is also provided for GNATcheck’s exemption capability that allows documented deviations to the coding standard.
- Qualification material is also provided for GNATcoverage exemption capability that allows documented deviations to the coverage requirements.
- The GNATcoverage Qualification Material allows for the automation of the test coverage analysis.