This course describes Ada programming features for developing large applications, including exception handling, type safety, access types, encapsulation, and genericity.
No results found in categories Ada 2005 / 95 / 83
Providing a DO-178B Level A Software Programming Environment for the Boeing 787 avionics software
AdaCore, Verocel, and Wind River Systems joined together as a team to provide a real-time embedded development platform, which is used as the basis for DO-178B Level A safety critical application development for the Boeing 787. Wind River Systems provided VxWorks 653, the common core ARINC-653 operating environment that provides robust time, space and shared resource partitioning. AdaCore provided the Ada run-time system tailored to the specific requirements of the avionics software teams layered on top of this RTOS. Verocel provided the safety critical expertise to create the certification evidence for all of these architectural layers to meet DO-178B Level A requirements. This team effort has created a complete Do-178B development platform for this program and future avionics software development efforts.
The latest version of the GNAT Pro Ada toolset sees over 150 enhancements to the technology including:
- Additional GNAT Pro platforms incorporating the gcc 4.1 code generator (this code generator will now be included on most platforms)
- Upgrade of the debugging engine, based on gdb 6.6
- Improvement in robustness and efficiency for Ada 2005 features
- Better real-time support on win32 platforms
- Thread-safe profiling with gprof, on several platforms
- Increased coverage analysis support for Ada in the gcov tool
- New warnings to help programmers detect errors earlier
- GNAT Pro companion tools such as gnatcheck, gnatpp and gnatmetric are being enhanced to support a wider variety of coding styles and coding standards.
The next webinar in the GNAT Pro InSight series will describe and demo some of the new features introduced in 6.1.1. As always, we will allow a question and answer session at the end enabling you to talk directly with the designers of GNAT Pro.