Wind River Platforms
Bare board Platforms
Ada Development Environment for LynuxWorks LynxOS
GNAT Pro for LynxOS is a robust and flexible Ada development environment targeted to the LynxOS real-time operating system. It comprises a full Ada compiler, an Integrated Development Environment (GPS, the GNAT Programming Studio), a comprehensive toolset including a visual debugger, and a set of libraries and bindings. GNAT Pro for LynxOS allows development of pure Ada applications as well as Ada components in multilanguage systems. It is distributed with complete source code, and is backed by rapid and expert support service.
GNAT Pro for LynxOS is a robust and flexible Ada development environment targeted to the LynxOS real-time operating system. It comprises a full Ada compiler, an Integrated Development Environment (GPS, the GNAT Programming Studio), a comprehensive toolset
Excellent code quality
Efficient object code is achieved through a combination of Ada-specific and GCC back end optimizations; a supplemental tool reduces code size by removing unused subprograms from an executable. The run-time libraries have been tuned to provide high performance, with a special focus on exception handling and tasking.
Ease of transitioning from other Ada compiler systems
GNAT Pro implements several attributes and pragmas that ease the porting of existing Ada 83 or Ada 95 code bases to GNAT, and the Project Manager facility allows you to adopt the same file naming conventions and directory structure as were used in the previous system.
Open source technology
Full source code is provided for all GNAT Pro components. Developers can see how the run-time libraries implement dynamic Ada features in the context of the LynxOS kernel.
Support for LynxOS 5.0
GNAT Pro customers can now take advantage of the many new features offered by LynxOS 5.0, including:
- Increased RAM support—up to 2 GB
- Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP)
- ELF file format
- New POSIX—POSIX 1003.1-2003 PSE 53/54
- Support for LynxOS 4.0 & 5.x
- Efficient tasking implementation, with Ada tasks mapped to the LynxOS Posix threads implementation
- Full Ada implementation, including all Specialized Needs Annexes and in particular the strict Ada real-time features (Annex D)
- GPS (GNAT Programming Studio), a powerful, extensible and tailorable Integrated Development Environment
- Visual debugging support, including a remote interface for debugging an embedded target
- Comprehensive toolsuite, including a heap usage monitor, a unit testing framework, a pretty printer, a program browser, an HTML generator, and a program metrics generator
- Libraries and bindings supplementing the standard Ada API, including packages for services such as operating system interfaces, text manipulation and pattern matching, data structures and algorithms, and I/O operations
- Detailed documentation,including the GNAT User’s Guides for native and cross platforms, and the GNAT Reference Manual